Celebrating 15 years of surf charters in the Maldives, the Hamathi will comfortably accommodate up to 10 surfers in 2019. We have options for trips in the Southern, Central, and Male Atolls. The boat can be chartered exclusively for small or large groups.
It is an amazing surf charter boat with the bonus of an outside dining area so you can watch the surf while eating your meals. There are 2 sundecks for chilling and plenty of rack space for your board storage. If you haven’t been on a charter before you will see, having all these different chill out areas is a real bonus.
From R22 137 per person
- Airport meet & greet at Male airport and domestic terminals by The Perfect Wave ground services
- Group return airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost).
- Return domestic flights for Total Maldives trips / One way domestic flight for trips starting or ending in Outer Atolls.
- The Perfect Wave welcome pack.
- Comfortable accommodation in air-conditioned twin cabins
- Full Board – 3 buffet meals daily (All you can eat)
- Unlimited tea, coffee with espresso coffee at extra cost
- Unlimited mineral water with The Perfect Wave refillable water bottle
- 5m Dinghy (tender).
- Use of basic snorkelling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask/snorkel & fins. If you want quality gear, please feel free to bring your own with you).
- Maldivian Specialty Beach BBQ (Central & Southern Atolls only when weather and surf permits).
- Maldivian US$6 per person/night Green Tax.
- SGA Trained Expert Surf Guide.
TPW Traveller Care Guarantee
They have teamed up with Awayco, a global surf gear rental company who carry a very wide range of quiver to rent for your next Maldives surf holiday. If you cannot or don’t want to carry your surfboard all the way to the Maldives, you can book your preferred surfboard from a Awayco range, and the board will wait for you in the Maldives. Our Awayco hub is at Kandooma Resort in North Male’. Please talk to us about how to organize the board pick-up for your surf charter holiday.
Meals on the boats are all-you-can-eat and are a mixture of Maldivian, Sri Lankan and western dishes. The chefs are also willing to adjust the menu to suit individual needs if required. You can advise us after you book if you have any allergies and we can advise the chef before your trip. For Breakfast, tea, coffee, fruit, juice, toast, cereals and eggs and/or pancakes are provided. Lunch & dinner is a banquet of five different dishes with daily variations including fresh fish & tuna dishes, curries, rice and pasta dishes, vegetables and salads. Meat dishes are provided but usually we try to provide fresh food from the local environment. Evening meals are followed by dessert and lunch is followed by a fruit dish. Tea and coffee is served after all meals. A bunch of bananas ripen on deck and you can eat these as you wish. Water is also free and you will be given your own Perfect Wave water bottle on arrival which you can put your name on and refill as you wish. This helps save the local environment from the pollution of using plastic bottles
– Photography service. US$50 for 10 photos of your choice. US$100 for full suite of photos. Camera used is a Canon 70D SLR and photos will be taken from land, boat or tender.
– Alcohol is available for purchase on board. If you have any special requests, please let us know well in advance and we will do our best to organize your favourite brand. For reference 1 beer usually costs US$4 per can.
– Snacks: There are a range of snacks available such as Mars Bars and Twix bars on board to purchase.
– Kandooma Buffet: “All you can eat and drink” seafood & Champagne (Moët) buffet at Kandooma Resort is available on Wednesdays. The cost is about $110++ per person.
– 60 ft-foot surf & dive dhoni – $200 per day (minimum 2 weeks notice needed)
Please note that maximum size of surfboards allowed on Maldives domestic flights to Central and Southern Atolls is 8 ft including the board bag.
**If your surf trip involves a Maldives domestic flight: The Perfect Wave cannot be held responsible for your surfboards arriving late (on the next domestic flight). If this happens, it’s due to weight restrictions on Maldivian domestic flights, which is out of our control.
** CONTACT US FOR MORE PRICES ON EXTRA NIGHTS
Hamathi can comfortably accommodate 10 passengers.
She’s a great surf charter boat with the bonus of an outside dining area so you can watch the surf while eating your meals. The lounge area has the normal facilities of TV, DVD and stereo for your entertainment and full bar facilities. There are 2 sundecks for chilling and plenty of rack space for your board storage.
The Meemu, Thaa and Laamu Atolls offer spots exposed to all directions and for all levels. All spots in the Meemu Atoll are on a coast line facing to the east. There is always a left- or a right-hander well-protected from the predominant south westerly wind directions. South-easterly or even easterly winds may affect all spots negatively. All spots are close to each other so that you can change spots within a few minutes!
The Thaa Atoll picks up south-west swell and may be even bigger than spots on east facing coastlines of other atolls. Due to its secluded location, it is almost guaranteed that you will not even spot another surf charter during your stay. The spots are well protected from North to Northwest winds. Conditions may be fickle with other wind directions. This area will be chosen only in very stable weather conditions.
Spots in the Laamu Atoll are spread from the south facing coastline along the east facing up to the north-east corner where waves wrap around. As a result you will find spots protected from all wind directions except a rare straight easterly breeze.
Southern / Outer Atolls
It is often said that the Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll (also named Huvadhoo Atoll) offers the best conditions of the Maldives. It works best in March, April and September to November. It picks up more swell than any other Atoll in the Maldives and from every direction. The Gaafu Dhaalu area offers the greatest quantity and variety of spots. To almost every island on the outside of the atoll, you will find one or two breaks. There is everything from barreling and hollow walls to soft and never ending playful waves. May to August can be fickle as the wind turns more southerly and may affect some of the south facing spots.
After you arrive in Male’ you will fly down south where our guide will pick you up at the local airport in the Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll. Anchors are lifted and you head off to one of the main 10-15 breaks or to some of the other less known spots. The Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll offers the greatest variety of all atolls and most diverse breaks. You will find everything from mellow long board waves to the hollow barrels. Depending on the wind direction our experienced surf guide will find spots for you that are working best at the time. Most days, you will surf up to 6 hours or even longer if you can handle it! After some of the best surf of your life, you will be dropped off at the Gaafu Dhaalu airport and flown back to Male’.