The North & South Male atolls are what has made the Maldives a famous surf destination. This is where it all began for surfing in the Maldives and now where the major activity is concentrated in the region. With the largest amount of breaks in a small proximity you have waves everywhere making the area a surfers paradise. In North Male you have famous waves such as Cokes, Chickens, Jailbreaks and Sultans. But there are some less known waves as well in the area that with a surf charter you can be positioned for when they turn on. North Male atoll is the most consistent area in the Maldives archipelago chain as it picks up swell from the South East, South and South West.
When the swell kicks South East which is the prominent swell direction you can run down to South Male' and enjoy the solitude of this area. With world class waves like Foxeys & Tucky Joes to enjoy you can be sure even the most advanced surfer will feel satisfied with the banquet of waves on offer with barrelling lefts and wally rights. For the intermediate surfer, longboarder or SUP rider though you also have so many fun waves to play on like Twin Peaks, Quarters and Rip Tides. Also as part of a TPW Surf charter you have access to Kandooma resort to spend the day by the pool or enjoy a cocktail at the sunset bar or a meal at the famous Kitchen Restaurant in the evening.
The 21-meter long cruise boat, Cobia is conceived and built by the skilled Maldivian craftsmen for the Maldivian waters. This beautiful cruiser with its comfortable air-conditioned rooms accommodates a maximum of 9 passengers but for optimal comfort we recommend 8 passengers to have the boat exclusively for just you and your mates. With fewer passengers they provide more privacy and guarantee our full attention at all times. Its design and size enables it to cut through difficult and shallow waters and meander its way through winding channels between islands a common feature in Maldivian waters. Cobia can anchor at close proximity of the islands making your time on board the cruiser more enjoyable.
One of the most important parts of any surf charter is your surf guide. Your surf guide on the Cobia is employed full-time by TPW Maldives and trained by ISA (International Surf Association) as a Surf instructor and SGA (Surf Guide Association) in safety, rescue, first aid and hospitality. All our hand-selected, well-trained guides have been running surf charters for many years, and are the best and most experienced in the Maldives. With the largest network of surf operations in the Maldives, they know where and when it is good and will put you in the spot. They will also be in daily contact with TPW Regional Operations Manager to ensure you have everything covered for an amazing Maldivian surf experience.
From €1159 per perso
- Airport meet & greet at Male airport and domestic terminals by The Perfect Wave ground services
- Group return airport transfers (individual transfers at extra cost).
- Return domestic flights for Total Maldives trips / One way domestic flight for trips starting or ending in Outer Atolls
- The Perfect Wave welcome pack.
- Comfortable accommodation in air-conditioned twin cabins
- Full Board – 3 buffet meals daily (All you can eat)
- Unlimited tea, coffee with espresso coffee at extra cost
- Unlimited mineral water with The Perfect Wave refillable water bottle
- 5m Dinghy (tender)
- Use of basic snorkelling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask/snorkel & fins. If you want quality gear, please feel free to bring your own with you).
- Maldivian Specialty Beach BBQ (Central & Southern Atolls only when weather and surf permits)
- Maldivian US$6 per person/night Green Tax.
- SGA Trained Expert Surf Guide.
- TPW Traveller Care Guarantee.
Meals on the boats are all-you-can-eat and are a mixture of Maldivian, Sri Lankan and western dishes. The chefs are also willing to adjust the menu to suit individual needs if required. You can advise us after you book if you have any allergies and we can advise the chef before your trip. For Breakfast, tea, coffee, fruit, juice, toast, cereals and eggs and/or pancakes are provided. Lunch & dinner is a banquet of five different dishes with daily variations including fresh fish & tuna dishes, curries, rice and pasta dishes, vegetables and salads. Meat dishes are provided but usually we try to provide fresh food from the local environment. Evening meals are followed by dessert and lunch is followed by a fruit dish. Tea and coffee is served after all meals. A bunch of bananas ripen on deck and you can eat these as you wish. Water is also free and you will be given your own Perfect Wave water bottle on arrival which you can put your name on and refill as you wish. This helps save the local environment from the pollution of using plastic bottles.
The Perfect Wave have teamed up with Awayco, a global surf gear rental company who carry a very wide range of quiver to rent for your next Maldives surf holiday. If you cannot or don’t want to carry your surfboard all the way to the Maldives, you can book your preferred surfboard from a Awayco range, and the board will wait for you in the Maldives. Our Awayco hub is at Kandooma Resort in North Male’. Please talk to us about how to organize the board pick-up for your surf charter holiday.
- Photography service. US$50 for 10 photos of your choice. US$100 for full suite of photos. Camera used is a Canon 70D SLR and photos will be taken from land, boat or tender.
- Alcohol is available for purchase. If you have any special requests, please let us know well in advance and we will do our best to organize your favourite brand.
- “All you can eat and drink” seafood & Champagne (Moët) buffet at Kandooma Resort on Wednesdays. The cost is about $110++ per person. Please note that this is only available when the boat is in South Male area (not available on Central/Southern Atolls trips).
- 30-foot surf & dive dhoni – minimum 2 weeks notice.
- 5 cabins with attached toilets, all with hot and cold water.
- Year Built: 2005 Started Services: 2007.
- Hull Type: Composite Length: 21m. (LOA).
- Beam: 7m. Draft: 2.15m.
- Displacement: 57,780 Kg Cruising Speed: 9 -10 Knots.
- Power: 245HP Volvo Generators: Onan 20KW, Onan 6.5KW.
- AC Voltage: 220V DC Voltage: 12V, 24V.
- Fuel: 1800 Liter Fresh Water: 900 Liter.
- Desalination plant: 6000 Liter RO System Air Conditioner: with individual controller.
- Sewage: special antiseptic tanks with Cutter/Grinder pump.
- Tender / Dingy – 12ft with 40hp ( 6 – 8 surfers comfortably).
On Board Facilities
- Deck: Sun Deck with 1/3rd Shade.
- Dining: Out Door with two separate tables / Indoor in the Saloon.
- Bar: Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages.
- First aid kit.
- Audio / Video: Hi-Fi System, VCD, DVD, HD.
- Cultural shows (on request).